One of the best things about completing our January Whole30 this year was learning to be creative with healthy food again! These Whole30 stuffed peppers will spice up your meal prep and help you kick boring routine meals to the curb!
John isn’t much of a green pepper fan so I know firsthand that these stuffed peppers meal prep well! They’re one of my favorite foods so I find it easiest to enjoy them as my lunch prep. The cauliflower rice keeps them both Whole30 compliant and light enough that I’m not sleepy all afternoon!
Here’s what you need to do:
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use 93/7 ratio)
- 1/3 of a large yellow onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 10 oz riced cauliflour
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste — be sure there is no sugar added for Whole30 compliance!
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Siete Foods Cashew Queso
- Cut and core the green bell peppers. You can chop the tops off like I have, or you could slice them down the middle so they are halved if you prefer a smaller portion. Set aside in a glass baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until all beef is browned.
- Add chili powder and stir until all beef is coated in chili powder.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and cauli rice. Allow flavors to combine for 10 minutes or so.
- Using a spoon, fill the cored green peppers with the beef and cauli rice mixture.
- Bake in a glass baking dish at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Top with siete cashew queso
Note: if you’re not completing a Whole30 and have no issues with a little dairy cheese, I highly suggest topping these babies with a little shredded mozzarella. Simply add the mozzarella the last 5-10 minutes the peppers are baking and enjoy that cheesy goodness!
Be sure to make this simple meal prep ASAP! Share it with your friends and tag me or use #biteswithbeth so I can see your re-creation!! I LOVE when my readers share their versions of my recipes. Even better if you share it for all of your friends!