This recipe is coming just in time for the snowy, slushy, cold and wet midwestern weather. This soup is hearty, gluten and dairy free and a delicious alternative to Olive Garden’s Chicken and Gnocchi soup…that won’t make you regret it later!
For the Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill GF Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
For the soup
- Prepared Cauli Gnocchi
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2-1 Cup diced onion (to taste preference)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped finely
- 16 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- 1 cup Original Nutpods
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 10 ounces frozen or fresh spinach
- Boil frozen cauliflower for about 5 minutes before draining and allowing to cool on a dish towel for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Using the dish towel, squeeze all excess liquid out of the cauliflower (I like to wring it two or three times over the sink!)
- In a blender, combine pulse cauliflower until it resembles fine crumbles. Add flour and salt, pulsing until it resembles a dough.
- On a floured surface create a ball with the dough before breaking into fourths. Roll each smaller section into a rope-like shape and cut about 1 inch sections to create your cauli gnocchi.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and cook gnocchi until lightly browned on each side.
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot
- Saute onions and chopped celery until onions are transparent and tender
- Add shredded carrots, parsley, thyme, garlic, cooked chicken, and broth to the stock pot. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Ladle out about 1/4 cup heated broth and make a slurry with the arrowroot starch before adding back into the pot with original nutpods and spinach.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 20-30 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste as necessary.
- Serve with your favorite salad and gluten free bread for a complete and delicious meal.
Please be sure to share this recipe with a friend who might like it! As always we love seeing your creations on Instagram and Facebook using the hashtag #biteswithbeth