I think we’ve all been there – you want to make something delicious and you have ALL the ingredients…except for one! Dropping this simple pizza sauce recipe in hopes it might help someone out of this spot and maybe save you a trip to the store.
Pizza sauce is super versatile. You can spread it on pretty much any carb, add pepperoni, cheese, etc. call it pizza, and your kids…or husband are totally IN. Score.
You’ve probably got all the ingredients for this pizza sauce in your kitchen right now. If you don’t, grab ’em next time at the store – they’ll help jazz up other recipes too!
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- sprinkle of salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon sage
- Note: if you don’t have oregano, thyme, sage but you have italian seasoning, that’ll work too!
- Measure all dry ingredients and stir until well combined in a small dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Gradually add seasoning mixture until the mixture is combined well.
- Add to your favorite carb, or in place of pizza sauce in any recipe!
- Store leftovers in a mason jar in the refrigerator for later use!
Let me know how you like this recipe by commenting below!