If you’ve recently gone gluten free, you’ve likely traveled down the sad road of pre-packaged gluten free items because you just weren’t sure how to handle this new lifestyle. I get it. I’ve been there. What the in-store items lack in wheat, they make up for in excess salt and crumbly texture most of the time. Not a fan.
This goes for frozen items like gluten free chicken fingers too! I have not once been impressed by a pre-packaged gluten free chicken finger. So, I set out to create my own recipe…and it’s one of the first gluten free recipes that I made up and perfected on my own! I’m so excited to share this with you!
Whether you’re gluten free or not, give these little guys a shot! They crisp perfectly in the oven, have few ingredients, and come together quickly. I don’t have an airfryer but I bet they’d be DIVINE in an airfryer.
John and I have been loving this recipe for years but our littlest toddler taste tester approves too!!
- 1.5-2 pounds of chicken breast tenders
- 1 egg
- 1/2 box of Mary’s Gone Crackers (6.5 ounce box)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse Mary’s Gone Crackers until they’re ground into a flourlike consistency.
- Pour cracker flour into a shallow dish for coating tenders with onion powder, garlic powder, ground paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a shallow dish for dredging, whisk egg until it is an even yellow consistency.
- Using a paper towel, dry each chicken tender – this will help you coat each tender evenly and allow coating to stick better.
- I like to set up a dredging station of shallow pyrex dishes like this. I set up a small assembly line on my counter in this order from left to right: raw chicken tenders, egg wash, flour coating, a sheet pan sprayed with avocado oil.
- Dip each chicken tender individually in egg wash, then in the Mary’s Gone Cracker flour coating, put each on the prepared sheet pan.
- Continue the process until all tenders are dipped.
- Spray the sheet full of prepared tenders with avocado oil on top – this helps your chicken tenders get the nice crisp factor!
- Bake tenders for 30-35 minutes (be sure to temp the chicken up to 165 to ensure that it is done, as ovens may vary.)
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
These gluten free chicken tenders are an amazing addition to your normal dinner rotation! I hope you’ll give them a try and let me know how you like it!! Share your recreations on instagram and tag me @bethannsbites – I LOVE seeing people try my recipes!!
One thought on “Crispy Gluten Free Chicken Fingers”