This Whole30 compliant side dish is equal parts healthy and creamy!! This cauli-potato mash has been a lifesaver for meal prep and family dinner while John and I complete a Whole30. (We’re currently 19 days in and still holding strong!) This Whole30 Cauli-Potato Mash pairs well with almost anything you’d make for dinner! It preps well to eat all week and pairs expertly with my Secret Ingredient Swedish Meatballs as pictured above! If you haven’t made them yet, go try them out!
Now, I’m sure you cauliflower haters are thinking this sounds disgusting, but you honestly can’t taste the difference! You can ask my husband – he has picky eating tendencies and enjoyed these SO much. He loved that he was sneaking in a veggie that he doesn’t normally eat on its own too!
Great for meal prep. Great for picky eaters. Just easy, healthy, and delicious. Go. Try. It.
- 4 white potatoes peeled
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (you can use the hard top of a can of full fat coconut milk) – can also sub Nutpods!
- 3-4 tbsp clarified butter or ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, boil water with peeled and cubed potatoes – you want a lot of extra water above the potatoes since you’ll add the cauliflower later! Boil for 10-12 minutes or until nearly fork-tender.
- Add frozen cauliflower and allow to boil for 5-7 more minutes until cauliflower is boiled through and potatoes are fully fork-tender.
- While cauliflower and potatoes are boiling, roast the two garlic cloves in a skillet. I like to use a cast-iron skillet and allow the sides to brown. This will bring out a sweet flavor profile and really add a delicious garlicky twist to the cauli-potato mash.
- Drain potatoes and cauliflower.
- Using an immersion blender or mixer, mix all remaining ingredients into the cauliflower and potato mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Continue to mix/blend until the mash is as smooth as you like!
- Serve next to your favorite meal for some extra hidden veggies!
Be sure to let me know how you like this recipe! If you enjoy it, share the love with your friends and family on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #biteswithbeth — and tell all of your friends! They need this recipe in their lives too!