Pasta salad is always a crowd pleaser and never more satisfying than at a hot 4th of July barbecue. If you’re looking for a fuss-free potluck recipe that won’t have you roasting in the kitchen, this recipe is for you!
Pro-tip: If you’re a reader who has food allergies, I like to always bring a side that I’m able to eat and that I’m excited to eat! It keeps you in the clear to enjoy the party without worry of feeling crappy later!
- 16 oz gluten free pasta (dry) – I used Barilla Penne here
- Large English Cucumber, quartered and cored, then sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 15oz can black olives
For the Greek dressing:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced
- While water is heating to a boil, mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a shaker or bottle.
- Prep vegetables while pasta is cooking, setting aside in a large bowl with the dressing from step 1. Note: if you are using feta, toss it in the dressing as well so the flavors can marinate.
- When pasta is al dente, strain it over the sink running cold water through the strainer to cool.
- Toss cooled pasta with vegetables and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve: garnish with freshly sliced basil leaves tossing salad to be fully coated in dressing. Serve over a bed of greens or top with avocado as you please.
Be sure to share your creations on Instagram and tag @bethannsbites!
2 thoughts on “Gluten Free Greek Pasta Salad 3 Ways”
Hold the olives, but I’ll have this and fruit dish below. 😉 Your presentation is EXCELLENT!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Let me know how you like it!! 😍