I’m a sucker for a restaurant salad. Salads at home just never seem to hit the spot the same way – likely due to the fact that when preparing a salad at home I’m thinking of both nutritional impact and my true caloric needs. A quick review of a Steakhouse Salad (a dirty pleasure of mine) reveals that the restaurant industry is not always considering those same things. Nevertheless, this is NOT the case for this salad! Springy, delightful, and wholesome, this salad hits all the right spots and keeps you right on track with nutritional values.
- 3 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup whole garlic cloves, peeled and roasted
- 6 cups organic spring mix
- Lemon Garlic Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat mat or similar silicone mat, drizzle with 1 tbsp avocado oil.
- Add shaved Brussels sprouts with a bit of salt and pepper to the prepared baking sheet. Top with remaining avocado oil.
- Bake Brussels sprouts for 20 minutes or until crisped and brown at the edges
- Top spring mix with Brussels sprouts, and roasted garlic. If you’re not avoiding dairy, sprinkle with a grated Romano and Parmesan Cheese blend and drizzle dressing. I like Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic but homemade works well too!
- Toss and serve.